All Brass and Copper pieces have been protected with a skin safe clear lacquer to slow down the tarnishing process.
Silver jewellery is left untreated and will naturally tarnish over time.
The process is largely dependant on the habits of the wearer so here are a few tips to help you keep your silver jewellery looking tip top:
- Avoid direct contact with things like hairspray, lotions and perfume (always put your jewellery on last!).
- Take your jewellery off when swimming, showering or washing.
- The best way to slow down the tarnishing process it to keep your jewellery in a jewellery box or air tight pouch. The gift box it came in is a good place to keep it!
- Looking a little grubby? Wash your piece with luke warm soapy water and a soft bristled toothbrush. Dry throughly afterwards to avoid spotting.
- A polishing cloth is your best friend! Give your piece a little buff regularly to stop tarnish building up.